Friday, May 1, 2009

The B.I.B.L.E. yes that is the book for me...

My feelings of inadequacy in my life are always and ever present. And I often find myself uttering the words "I just can not do this..." from under my breath. But, I am learning that God likes me in that place of inadequacy. Where I am completely aware of my lack of ability. It is in that place that I realize my need for him in the most deep and profound way. When I sit there for awhile I can sense his whisper saying, "Come my child and let me supply all that you need".

When everything else in this life falls at the waste side and/or fails me (because it is only destined to do so); the Word of the Lord remains. Like Ecclesiastes says it, all else is vanity, and meaningless. The Word of the Lord, the truth of God, is promised to stand forever 1 Peter 1: 23-25. It is the only thing that will last and never fail, and it is described as the very breath of the living God breathed out as life to me (Hebrews 4:12).

So, when circumstance seem impossible; when painful feelings just won't go away; when anger is all I carry inside me; when my pain can be described as all consuming; and even unto death - I must believe and be found in the Word of God. I need it as I need water and food. It is my life and my salvation. It is my strength and my song. It is truth because God has declared it so, and God is God and therefore defines all truth and reality, by the simply declaration of his words. For example - "God said let there be light and there was light" - Genesis 1:3 (a.k.a. truth and reality)

I must hope in the Lord! For my salvation is near! I must keep the faith! This is the declaration of the Almighty God. Life is found in his Word! John 1: 1-18

No comments:

Post a Comment