Friday, May 1, 2009

Motivated

Today, I realized that the highest and greatest responsibility/calling on my life is to obey Christ, as an act of worship, and take him at his word. For when I obey -- I choose God's glory above my own and when I do that my motivation becomes a pure and selfless joy. It is the only motivation that, in the end, will prove worthy and profitable when I stand before the Holy King of the Universe.

The power to be obedient is found in abiding in Christ alone. Christ is the Word of God.

It is when I keep trying to please myself and other people that I loose my footing. My security begins to evaporate like the rain, and before I know it I am a dry, weary, and parched piece of humanity grasping at what I can in hopes that it will satisfy me. I will grasp at whatever whether is be acceptance, romance, happiness, applause, or whatever else... I can just fill in the blank here _____.

But, if I am living in obedience to Christ and his word all thing may be lost in this life, but I will always be his and he is mine (Philippians 3: 7-10). Peace prevails in my soul. Hope becomes an everlasting and certain assurance. This does not occur because I am "good" at doing what I "should", but it is because my God is good to me. He is truly merciful to me when I turn to him in need, and he is full of grace and truth that I could never deserve no matter how hard I tried. He will not ever lead me astray, but only into peace, holiness and everlasting life. Is this not what I long for? Heck ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment