Thursday, April 29, 2010

In the words of a great preacher...

1 John 3:2
1 Corinthians 2:9

I am like a child princess who is too young and immature to understand the favored privileges of my position or the royal inheritance that awiats me. Consequently, I may struggle with petty wants and throw tantrums over trinkets that pale in comparison to the riches that I have access to and the ones that I will recieve when I assume my Father's throne. As I grow, my God must disciple and train me so that I learn to behave like someone of royal lineage.

Throughout my training and maturing process I will begin to understand the unfolding value and implications of my inheritance. I will then someday experience the fullness of the inheritance, that awaits me. In the meantime, I must learn to act like a child of the King, and let the hope of future blessings purify my life
(1 John 3:3).

- John MacArthur "Our Sufficiency in Christ"

No comments:

Post a Comment